2009 – What a Year!

We started off the year with an average of 20 dogs in foster homes, a few more in boarding, and averaged about 14 adoptions per month. Within two to three months, those numbers had nearly doubled. We rescued dogs from local and regional pounds, received calls from owners who could no longer keep their pets, and from owners who needed help feeding their pets.

The year ended with a very busy month of taking in dogs from the pounds that were filling up and from many owners wanting or needing to surrender their pets. We were at an all-time high of over 70 dogs in our rescue, and approximately 65 foster homes. We never imagined we would have this many dogs to care for at one time.

We placed 301 dogs in new homes in 2009 and rescued even more that are still awaiting their forever home. Approximately 57% of the dogs have come from pounds, where they would have been euthanized if we had not rescued them. The remaining 43% were surrendered by owners who could no longer provide for their continued care.

Read more about the year 2009 for us in our most recent newsletter.


Posted by admin on January 6th, 2010 @ 10:30 am