We are aware of the following dogs in local and regional pounds that will need rescue soon if their owners do not come for them. We are unable to help rescue these dogs if we don’t have foster homes willing to care for them. Fostering can be the most rewarding and fulfilling thing a true dog lover can ever do to support dogs in need.
Please help by applying to become a Foster Home!
We are unable to get photos of all dogs needing rescue. Photos are posted asap when available.
There may be more dogs in the pound than what is listed here. If your dog is missing, please contact all the local pounds. The local pounds do not adopt dogs out to the general public. Only authorized rescue organizations are able to take unclaimed dogs from the pound after paying required fees.
Please realize that we have limited information about these dogs. Until we can get them into a foster home and get a chance to know them better, it is difficult to know such things such as if they are house broken or if they are good with kids.
Below are dogs
in local pounds that we are aware of needing rescue:
** Want to save the dogs? Please help by applying to become a foster home ! Metro area pounds do not do public adoptions (with exception of Finder claims), so their only way out is through a rescue facility. Only authorized rescue organizations are able to take unclaimed dogs from the pound after paying the required fees.
The following dogs are in need of rescue commitment BY the following dates:
Due out Friday, May 24th:
- Pomeranian: Older dog(not sure how old yet), Black, nice friendly little dog, is graying on face and will bark a lot for attention 2
- Lab Mix: 1-2 yrs, black, loves attention, loves people, does like to bark until gets attention. Can get loud. 2
- Terrier/Min Pin? Mix: 1-2 yrs, black with brown markings, very nice little dog, does not bark much at all, but loves attention 2
- Collie/Shep Mix: 8 months, light brown with a little black, thick coat, quite dirty, but very nice dog and very friendly. (See Abi) 2
- Bichon (?) Mix: 2-3 yrs, black/white. Very sweet and happy dog. ~25lbs. 1
Due out Saturday, May 25th:
- Yellow Lab: 1-2 yrs, quite a bouncy dog. Loves attention and just really wants to be near people. ~60-65lbs. 1
- Mixed Breed: 1-2 yrs, black/white. Has the colors and slightly longer hair of a Border Collie, the snout of a Bully breed, the head of a Lab, and the size of a small Pyrenees, really cute and unique looking. Very friendly. ~75-80lbs. 1
Due out Tuesday, May 28th:
- Pointer mix?: 8 mo. old male , white with tan face, one blue eye. Very friendly and not overly energetic. May have some bully in him, but not positive. ~35-40lbs. 1
Post last updated 5/23/2013 11:15 PM
Below are dogs
in regional pounds that we have been asked to help:
Want to save the dogs? Please help by applying to become a Foster Home! Most pounds do not do public adoptions, so their only way out is through rescue. If a regional pound does accept adoptions we will try to list as such.
URGENT: Please contact Dakota Veterinary Hospital: Sherry 701-642-9277 or 701-640-3436 if you can rescue the following dogs:
These dogs don't have a scheduled euthanize date, but for space reasons can be euthanized at any time.
- Katee is a very sweet dachshund cross(?) is in need of rescue out of the pound in Wahpeton. Owners never came to claim her & she recently had pups. She is about 1-2 years old. Walks great on a leash & doesn't have accidents in her kennel. Doesn't mind other dogs or cats!
Post last updated 5/22/2013 4:19 PM